EUMASS Congress Learning Objectives
The 24th EUMASS Congress provides a venue for presenting research and practice and policy developments for insurance medicine innovation as well as for spreading evidence-based knowledge of clinical relevance.
Professionals in insurance medicine and associated professionals attending the 24th EUMASS Congress will be able to:
- Interpret and summarize innovative methods and scientific advances in insurance medicine, social security, work related disease and adjacent specialties ;
- Identify the latest data and emerging trends from studies in scientific and good practices research;
- Discuss their knowledge of evidence-based approaches in insurance medicine;
- Explain emerging diagnostic and risk-assessment strategies in the management of insurance medical claims;
- Use practical knowledge and skills through educational activities;
- Communicate, collaborate and network with representatives of a large international audience – medical professionals, national insurance societies, and researchers.
In the process of identifying the learning needs the following procedures have been used:
- The EUMASS Council has identified gaps of knowledge through benchmarking procedures.
- The EUMASS Council has analysed feedback from the participants of earlier congresses (Survey and analysis of discussions of 23rd 2021 EUMASS Basel Congress online)
- The EUMASS Scientific Committee has identified the areas of active scientific development in insurance medicine
- The EUMASS Scientific Committee has, through their group of experts, analysed the need of knowledge from a scientific viewpoint
- An expert group of EUMASS has surveyed educational gaps by mapping the field of insurance medicine in Europe
- The EUMASS Organizing Committee has met with representatives from France and Belgium
- The EUMASS Organizing Committee has used national workshops with other authorities including the Public Health Care and Counties.
- The EUMASS Organizing Committee has analysed the French and Belgium Learning Outcomes for the medical education in order to become a certified specialist physician
- The EUMASS Organizing Committee has had a meeting with representatives from Strasbourg University
- EUMASS Council organised focus groups to identify educational gaps
- The EUMASS Scientific Committee has put all this information together into a list of topics to address and of experts who would address these topics at the congress